WHO WE ARE
The Institute of ICT Professionals, Ghana (IIPGH) is a professional Association which is made up of professionals in various domains of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) practice.
The Institute is a connector of ICT professionals from Government MDAs, educational institutions, corporate organizations, start-ups, investors and the civil society organizations to create a vibrant ICT ecosystem.
- The Institute of ICT Professionals, Ghana is a non-profit organisation which is made up of members in various domains of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) practice. The Institute of ICT Professionals, Ghana has been formed to help tackle the following ICT human resource constraints:
- Lower skill levels in emerging technologies
- Generation Technologies
- Fewer experts in critical areas
- Lack of practical skills for innovation, research & development
- Lack of confidence in the human resource capacity across Africa
- To become the most reliable partner
in ICT development in Ghana and
- To mobilize all ICT professionals under one professional body to positively influence the development, standardization and delivery of Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) across Ghana
- To become ICT Human Resource Hub of Africa
- To become the connector of all the players in the ICT Ecosystem
- To become ICT Research & Development Hub of Africa
- To produce ICT entrepreneurs that would develop world class products
- To make Ghana an ICT destination
- Mobilizing professionals and developing a credible database in order to identify skills gaps.
- Creating Standards, Certification and improving quality of ICT Professionals.
- Giving young people from primary to university an early start to enable them take up ICT as a profession.
- Influencing policy and creating a strong brand of Ghanaian ICT Professionals
- Advocating for local participation and strategic positioning at management level