Industry Academia Tech Dialogue (INDAC-TED) 9
Theme: Application of Agritech to Improve Food Production
The agricultural sector holds immense significance in Ghana’s economy, employing a substantial portion of the population and contributing significantly to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). As technological advancements continue to reshape various industries, the integration of technology into agriculture, known as Agritech, offers a promising avenue for enhancing efficiency, productivity, and job creation. Following the success of the inaugural Agritech Symposium and Exhibition, the Institute of ICT Professionals Ghana (IIPGH) is proposing a second collaborative event with partners AFOS Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development Cooperation and Ho Technical University (HTU). This event will further explore the potential of Agritech in improving food production and solidify its place as an annual platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration.
Date: Thursday, 24th August 2023
Time: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Venue: Ho Technical University, G.M. Afeti Auditorium
The second Agritech Symposium and Exhibition aims to deepen the understanding of the application of Agritech in the agricultural sector to enhance food production. The event will serve as a platform for industry-academia dialogue, fostering collaboration between stakeholders and promoting innovative technologies that can revolutionize the agricultural landscape in Ghana.
Key Themes and Focus Areas:
- Agritech Innovations: Explore cutting-edge technologies such as precision agriculture, remote sensing, data analytics, and artificial intelligence that can optimize resource utilization, improve crop yield, and enhance overall agricultural efficiency.
- Digital Transformation: Showcase how digital platforms and mobile applications are transforming agricultural practices, facilitating access to market information, financial services, and supply chain management.
- Sustainable Practices: Highlight sustainable agricultural practices enabled by technology, including climate-smart solutions, pest and disease management, and soil health monitoring.
- Youth Engagement: Emphasize the role of Agritech in attracting and engaging youth in agriculture by presenting inspiring success stories and opportunities for entrepreneurship in the sector.
- Research and Development: Provide insights into ongoing research initiatives that leverage technology to address key challenges in agriculture, such as food fraud detection, crop disease prediction, and post-harvest management.
- Opening Session: A formal inauguration of the symposium by esteemed dignitaries and partners, setting the tone for the day’s discussions.
- Keynote Address: An expert keynote speaker will provide an overview of the potential impact of Agritech on food production and its significance for Ghana’s agricultural future.
- Expert Presentations: Notable speakers from academia, industry, and governmental bodies will present their research findings, case studies, and success stories related to Agritech and its application in improving food production.
- Panel Discussion: A panel of experts from diverse backgrounds will engage in an interactive discussion, sharing insights, addressing challenges, and exploring opportunities for collaboration.
- Exhibition: An interactive showcase of innovative Agritech solutions, products, and services from various stakeholders, allowing participants to experience firsthand the technologies driving agricultural transformation.
- Networking Sessions: Opportunities for participants to connect, exchange ideas, and establish potential partnerships for future collaboration.
- Closing Remarks: Summarizing the key takeaways from the event and expressing gratitude to all participants, partners, and organizers.
- Enhanced Knowledge Sharing: Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the role of Agritech in improving food production, thereby promoting informed decision-making and innovative practices.
- Collaborative Initiatives: The symposium will facilitate interactions between academia, industry, and policymakers, fostering collaborations that contribute to the growth and development of the agricultural sector.
- Awareness and Adoption: Stakeholders will become more aware of the potential of Agritech and its practical applications, potentially leading to increased adoption of technology-driven practices.
- Youth Engagement: The event will inspire and engage young individuals in considering careers and entrepreneurship opportunities in Agritech, contributing to a dynamic and sustainable agricultural workforce.
- Strategic Partnerships: The symposium will serve as a catalyst for the establishment of strategic partnerships between Ho Technical University, IIPGH, industry players, and government agencies for further research, innovation, and development in the agricultural sector.
The second Agritech Symposium and Exhibition, centered around the theme “Application of Agritech to Improve Food Production,” holds the promise of unlocking the full potential of technology in the agricultural sector. Through collaboration, knowledge exchange, and innovative showcases, this event aims to pave the way for a more resilient, efficient, and productive agricultural landscape in Ghana, ultimately contributing to food security, economic growth, and sustainable development. We look forward to the support and participation of all stakeholders in making this event a resounding success.
The DigiCAP Project
DigiCAP.gh is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) project by the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through sequa gGmbH, and implemented by AFOS, the German Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development Cooperation.
The cardinal objective of DigiCAP is to enable its main partners, the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and Accra Technical University (ATU), and other educational and business institutions to sustainably administer practice-oriented ICT qualification programs and accompanying strategies to spur employment and entrepreneurship. Other partners are GetINNotized, GIBT and the Institute of ICT Professionals Ghana (IIPGH).
The Institute of ICT Professionals Ghana (IIPGH) is a dynamic professional association uniting diverse expert in Information and Communication Technology (ICT). By fostering connections among government bodies, educational institutions, businesses, and civil society, IIPGH cultivates a thriving ICT ecosystem. With a mission to influence policy, training, and technology advocacy, IIPGH’s Academy division imparts digital skills and promotes continual development, driving Ghana’s digital transformation. Guided by an Executive Council and a dedicated management team, IIPGH propels ICT growth, training over 10,000 individuals and boasting a membership exceeding 2,500.
First Agritech symposium and exhibition. Read highlights 5th Industry-Academia Tech Dialogue with Ho Technical University – IIPGH
Author: David Gowu, Executive Director, IIPGH
For comments, contact +233242773762 or email email@example.com